Want to develop leadership skills for people in your organization? Leadership Lawrence is a popular educational resource in Lawrence County’s business community. This professional development program helps broaden perspectives and increase understanding of community dynamics and public issues. Sessions begin in August and conclude in May.
Enrollment is open to anyone who lives or works in Lawrence County. Tuition includes all class materials and meals. For more information about Leadership Lawrence, contact Keeli Allen, VP of Community Development (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Leadership Lawrence is a 9-month cohort designed to develop leadership capacity in Lawrence County, TN. During the program, participants will learn about themselves, their leadership style, participate in team building activities, and hear from professionals from many different aspects of the community.
- Developed a network of colleagues from throughout different industry sectors in the county.
- Learned leadership skills to help them in their own professions and community.
- Gained a deeper understanding of the opportunities and challenges within our county, and how they can work to help our community grow.
Participation is expected at all sessions. Any participant who misses more than one session will be ineligible for graduation. Sessions marked with an * indicate mandatory days.
- August 28-29 – Overnight Retreat/ Kick-Off*
- September 21 – Social Services, Health & Wellness
- October 18 – History, Tourism, Agriculture
- November 8 – Economic Development (combined with youth)
- December 6– SIMSOC (combined with youth)*
- January 10 – City/ County Gov & Public Safety
- February 7 – Education & Workforce
- March 7 – State Government (combined with youth)*
- April 17 – Graduation lunch
Tuition for the program is $950 for Chamber members and $1,500 for non-members.
Often, businesses and non-profits have continuing education funds to help employees participate in leadership development programs like Leadership Lawrence. Participants are encouraged to reach out to their employers for support. Limited scholarship support may be available through The Lawrence County Economic Development Foundation via Chamber Investors, but scholarship support is not guaranteed.
For questions about dates, requirements, tuition, and scholarships, please reach out to Keeli Allen, Vice President- Community Development, at (931)762-4911 or by email email@example.com